- Delhi Public School (Commerce)
- B.A. (Hons) History
- B.A. HISTORY LL.B., History
Mr. Sanjay Kalra, Advocate, has been registered to practice as a FOREIGN LEGAL CONSULTANT in the commonwealth of Massachusetts, USA.
The Legal Services Provided Embrace The Areas Of Joint Ventures, Foreign Collaborations, Venture capital, Litigation & Legal Support, Feasibility Report, Business Plan, Legal Research, Formation Of Subsidiary Companies, Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) Approvals, Reserve Bank Of India (RBI) Approvals, Acquisition & Mergers Of Companies, Exchange Control Regulations, Service Tax cases, Immigration, International Adoption, Excise Law, International Law, Intellectual Property Act, Information and Technology act, Corporate law, Customs Act, Law Relating To Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices, Consumer Protection Act, Property And Real Estate, Civil, Criminal & Commercial Law, Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA), Arbitration And Conciliation Act, Environmental Law, International commercial Arbitration, Matrimonial Laws, online Research, Reviewing and Reporting Documents, Drafting, Corporate due diligence support, Mortgage processing and Intellectual Property Researching, Drafting and applications of Patents and so on.
We have a national practice of litigators supported by an extensive infrastructure of paralegals. The litigation group has broad and deep experience handling litigation matters in the Supreme Court of India, various High Courts and other Courts and Tribunals at the trial and appellate levels as well as in Arbitrations and other Alternative Dispute Resolution proceedings. Our litigators are equally comfortable representing plaintiffs or defendants and are accustomed to handling matters of exceptional complexity, such as nationwide class actions, parallel civil and administrative proceedings, and nationwide and multidistrict litigation.
Endorsement Contracts; Promoter Agreements; Management Contracts; Event Sponsorship Agreements; Travel Rights Agreements; MOU for Sponsorship of Sports Events; Marketing Rights Agreements; Venue Contracts.
FILM AND TELEVISION
Company Incorporation; Government Approvals; Key Personnel Employment Contracts (Director, Producer, Writer, Actor); Distribution Agreements; Music Synchronization Agreements; Acquisition of Literary Property; All issues and Clearances relating to Copyright & Trade Mark; Releases; Location Contracts; Assignment and Waiver of Rights; Merchandise Agreements; Confidentiality/Non-disclosure Agreements; Photographers Agreements.
Company Formation; Confidentiality/Non-disclosure Agreements; Issues relating to Joint Ownership of Copyright; Recording Contracts; Online License and Distribution Agreements; Distribution Agreements; Record Deals; Licensing; Releases; Songwriter Agreements; Group/Band Member Agreements; Trade Mark, Name & Logo; Venue Contracts; Tour Member Agreements.
Publishing Agreements; Copyright Advice; Adaptation Advice.
Advice on selection, availability and use of IP; Cease & Desist Letters; Copyright Application & Registration; Copyright Searches; Copyright Infringement; Domain Names; Trade Mark Application & Registration; Trade Mark Searches; Trade Mark Cautionary Notices; Trade Mark Infringement; Patent Application & Registration; Advice on protection of Trade Secrets in India; Design Application and Registration.
THE INFRASTRUCTURE PRACTICE
Our services include advising various stakeholders (owners, developers, governments, investors, lenders, contractors etc.) in the infrastructure sector. It ranges from acting as a legal adviser to financiers of projects and the preparation and negotiation of the financing documentation, inter-creditor arrangements and trust and retention documents, to the carrying out of due diligence on the project contracts and preparing and negotiating project documentation for stakeholders. Our services include advice related to structuring of Project Company, tax structures, advice on legal, regulatory and transactional issues at the various stages of project conception and execution. Our counsels provide the client complete legal solutions and advice from pre-qualification stage to bidding, to the tender process to final execution of documents.
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
We have a dedicated core team of experts selected for providing the requisite services with the right mix of expertise and experience, which ensure that our services are of the highest quality. Our core M&A Practice Group is assisted by experts from other related key areas such as employee benefits, environmental regulation, antitrust, intellectual property, real estate and tax. Besides dedication to work, counsels at our firm endorse high quality of work, and provide prompt and integrated service to the clients based on their needs and requirements.
Our Technology Transactions Group assists clients with matters related to the acquisition, conception, creation, development, implementation, integration, protection, use, licensing, financing, marketing, and sale of technology, and with complex technology service agreements. With experienced lawyers, we are able to handle technology-related transaction. Our Lawyers can work together seamlessly marshalling resources to meet specific client needs.
REAL ESTATE PRACTICE AREAS
Apart from catering to client needs on the traditional sale and purchase transactions, the firm has multi faceted areas of practice but not limiting to apart from mainly focusing on the following:
- Entry Level Strategy Planning, Entry Level Legal Approach and Legal Structuring of Foreign Direct Investment for Individual Foreign Investors, Foreign Companies, Wholly owned Subsidiaries, Foreign Institutional Investors and Non-Resident Indians.
- Location Analysis, Site and Title Search Legal Assistance for finalizing most favourable / preferred location and other allied searches including vetting of documents and verification of title.
- Due Diligence: Carrying out thorough and exhaustive client specific and also client specified (in particular instances) Due Diligence and similar like exercises before advising clients.
- Transactional Compliance: Legal Assistance in Mandatory Procedural Compliance for various transactions.
- Joint Ventures and Joint Developments: Legal Structuring and Counseling for Domestic as well as Cross-Border Joint Ventures and Joint Development Agreements.
- Lease Administration: Lease and Lease related Legal Assistance and Administration.
- Pre/Post Purchase/Sale Compliance and Documentation: Complete legal procedural advice for regular Pre/Post Purchase/Sale and all relevant documentation including, Issuance of Letter-of-Intent, Public Notice, Agreement-to-Sale, Sale Deed etc.
- Dispute Resolution and Litigation including Landlord/Tenant Proceedings. The firm handles, represents and advises client concerns in Litigation on case-to-case basis vis-à-vis Landlord/Tenant, Buyer/Seller, Lessor/Lessee matters and also Dispute Resolution Procedures for the same.
The Firm regularly undertakes work relating to consumer, litigation, labor, and corporate advisory and strategic planning for real estate.
The firm is a Member of the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), which is an apex body representing the largest and most reputed business houses and industrial groups in India. We are also members of the India Council Of Arbitration (MICA), Joint Business Council (JBC) and European Economic Chamber of Commerce India. Furthermore, we are members of The Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA) and South Asian Bar Association Of North California (SABA) as well.
Sure enough, under the guidance of Mr. S.P. Kalra, Senior Advocate and former standing counsel for All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and National Institute for Health and Family Welfare (NIFHFW), our team of capable and highly motivated professionals shall provide you a range of comprehensive services across the country.
A select example of who is on our roster, include organizations:
- Milk food Pvt. Ltd.
- Modi Rubber Ltd.
- Dabur India Ltd.
- Pasupati Acrylon
- Goodwill Pvt. Ltd. ( Wimpy : Chain of Fast Food Restaurants )
- Monnet Industries
- Partap Steel
- Mahaan Ghee
- Pasupati Spinning Mills
- Mirza Tanneries
- M/s Optamac Realty Worldwide LLP
- Punjab and Sind Bank and Canara Bank
- Kopp Handel & Ventretungen
- Jason Trading Pvt. Ltd.
- L.M. Bertoli & Co.
- Tricon Restaurants (India) Pvt. Ltd
- Thomson Tubes Electroniques ( A 100 % percent subsidiary of Thomson CSF, A French Multinational )
- SKODA Export Co. Ltd.
- Dr. Schwabe India Pvt. Ltd.
SANJAY KALRA & ASSOCIATES
Address: 1-C/3, Lawyers Chamber, Delhi High Court
New Delhi 110003. India
Mobile: 011-91- 9810045392